New York State Section
The American Association of Physics Teachers
Highlights of the Board Meeting
16 April 1999
- Treasurer's Report
- Checking Account: $1847.77
- Savings: $10246.31
- CD: $9033.73
- Total: $21127.81
- $600.00 was budgeted to help defray the expenses of members of the executive committee attending the annual section meeting.
- It was decided to procure liability insurance coverage in the amount of $ 1.0 Million per occurrence and $2.0 Million annual aggregate for $333.00 per year with a three year commitment.
- It was decided that the committee to select the Service Award recipient should be comprised of not less than three nor more than six of the previous recipients of the award. The committee for the year 2000 award is: Amann (chair), Drenchko, Fitzgibbons, Mancuso and Pompi.
- The nominating committee for the election of officers and board members for the year 2000 election consists of: Amann (chair), Herzog and Huston. It was also decided that the past president of nyssaapt automatically be the chair of this committee in the future.
- The next meet of the section will be a joint meeting with NYS-APS at Corning Community College on 7 and 8 April, 2000. Larry Josbeno is the contact person. In this regard up to $500.00 was budgeted for pre-service physics teachers to attend this meeting.
- It was decided that the Section Rep be reimbursed for plane fare, travel to and from airport and housing and meals for the dates that the Section Rep attends related meetings. In addition, the Section Rep is to be reimbursed, at the discretion of the president, for reasonable expenses incurred as a result of attending the summer meeting.
- It was decided that $1000.00, including $100.00 for the presenter, for a make and take workshop for high school teachers to be held in conjunction with the next section conference.